- Energy is a little better
- Appetite is worse, to be honest. I eat three bites and the knot in my tummy says "Full!"
- GI is really minimal, but still a thing.
- I had another UTI, probably medicine-induced (Stay hydrated, travellers!)
- I have a somewhat funny metallic taste that lasts for a few hours after each dose
I have to admit that the taste one, for the rest of my life, would be a bit unfortunate. The possibility does exist that I will get to taste everything weird from now on. But it's nice not to have hand/foot battles, and I've done some walking and -- gasp! -- I even golfed indoors one day. The UTI was a setback; they seem to be getting worse and more painful. But it was cured quickly enough. I wish they'd prescribe prophylactic meds so I didn't have to wait. I know what I have, but they don't do that anymore.
|Mountain Laurel smells wonderful|
The other issue that needed to be addressed was my thyroid medication. I'm back on traditionals. I have no idea how it's going either, but since I feel better and my hair looks ok, I'm guessing I've returned to a more normal response. I plan to try to move toward T3 dominant treatment when I can be monitored more closely.
Things to look forward to:
- RenFest tomorrow for a short bit
- A trip to Big Bend National Park in spring; driving, but that's fine.
- Wildflowers and migratory birds -- there are tons here. Added a Canyon Wren to my list. And this lovely mountain laurel, that smells heavenly. Stop, smell and listen, folks. You never know.